Thursday, May 9, 2019

Kymnarkmar's Prayer

PRE-PRAYER
After the large dimensional rift closes and Vask appears, he and Drago briefly speak before the dragon retrieves his enchanted Indian spear, puts out some small fires, and examines the corpse of the fallen elite conservator. Delighted to find a powerful but evil rune spear, Drago clears an area for ritual as he gathers nearby steel slag to skillfully mold around the contours and sharp spikes of the nearly fully intact warrior. Once this hulking monstrosity is prepared to his liking, the dragon performs a tremendous magic ritual that brings the metallic 9ft five-limbed-minion to his feet. Drago makes a tall custom case for the rune spear, telekinetically places the spear inside the case, then turns to his shiny new minion to say:

“I am Drago - your master and creator. To commemorate my most powerful apprentice who was annihilated moments before your animation and to honor of the intrepid cybernight who defeated him I name you Ayan Blue. You are to guard my side and do as I wish to the end of your days. Here. Take this. Inside this case rests a spear you are to wield when you see myself or one of my allies is in mortal danger. Until then leave it in this case and allow no one other than myself to take it from you without my permission,”
As Drago looks around the scorched and decimated battle field his chest sinks with remorse and existential conflict. He wonders how the high lord’s magic may have tainted his soul and or touched his developing mind. Drago looks around again to see the fragility of so many armored mercenary mortals. Drago clearly sees how great power or riches can be gained through the death of strong friend or foe. These are not his normal thoughts. Drago knows something is deeply wrong. The dragon hangs and shakes his head to the wake of death and chaos brought upon Merctown in his name. 
After some moments of reflection [concentration of +10 from DnD], the large hatchling looks up to the case Ayan carries then again at the battle carnage before a look of conviction washes over his face. The young black dragon stands on his hind legs, carefully places all his garb, weapons, and items at his side, and stares into the heavens with palms to the sky as he concentrates to cast commune with spirit to bolster his prayer. Drago then closes his eyes, bows his head, and begins a booming, cathartic, and ritualistic chant.


THE PRAYER
[in Dragonese rhyme]

“To the Divine King of Kings and Patriarch of Kin. To the Usurper of Old Ones. To the Wisest of Serpents. To the very Symbol of Power and Magic. To the Superior of Gods. To the Great Friend of the Pantheon of Light. To the Ultimate Force of Dragonwright.
I – Drago – Disciple of the Church of Dragonwright, Protector and Native of the Earth Realm, Friend and Battle Mate of Isis. Survivor of Death’s Bare Clutch. Slayer of Famine and Belphegor’s avatars. Finder of Three Bones of Osiris. And the Hatchling who Petrified the Ancient Terror known as Nyxla. 
I humbly pray with the deepest of gratitude for the life you have allowed me to live. It is for your unfathomable intervention that life has continued for nearly 90,000 years since the Old Ones were bound. To the extent that it is - or will be – within my power, I intend to see your reign and tradition of extend to 100,000 years and beyond.
I pray with what seems like much to say. I’ve been brash. I’ve been rash. I’ve been blinded by riches and promises of quick power. I pray now for my soul has started to sour and for the men defending me who have just found their final hour.
I pray now so the will of Dragonwright they may behold.
I pray now for I have seen a path and it is eight-fold.
I pray now with a solemn offer to pledge and declare myself to you Kym-nark-mar. To build great temples near or far. To convert friend or foe. To do thy bidding wherever I go. To further the doctrine of Dragonwright. To be an asset and Champion for the Pantheon of Light.
O’exalted Kym-nark-mar - I pray to beg your favor and blessings as a dedicated Warrior Priest of Dragonwright.
If this wish and offer is well received, then the following prayers I hope thy heed.

1.) First and foremost, I pray for your forgiveness.
Not long ago an opportunity of legend slipped through my grasp. By some sequence of truly serendipitous events I managed to petrify the ancient evil that is Nyxla. Instead off explicitly offering this ancient one as a sacrifice in your honor I absconded with some of Nyxla’s riches and rare trinkets of power. While the bones of Osiris were overwhelmingly desirous I ask your permission to unburden my sophomoric omission.
2.) My second prayer is to learn or find other followers of Dragonwright, how I can identify them and better absorb and spread the doctrines of the Church of Dragonwright.
3.) My third prayer is to purge my haunted and twisted soul from the curses of Nyxla and Desslyth’s High Lord.
4.) Fourth, I pray for a test or a quest to better Dragonwright at your behest.
5.) Fifth, I pray for your sage advice on how to manage my affairs with Dunscon, the infamous leader of the North America’s Federation of Magic.
6.) Sixth, I pray to be blessed with a sprinkle of your storied knowledge of magic or runes.
Endlessly battling the forces of Darkness and Evil to the death has left me with several vengeful and god-like ruthless enemies that include the aforementioned ancient evils as well as other Splugorth on Earth, other Lords of Hades, the Alien Vampire Intelligence Izocotler (sp?) (Total Recall from 1/21/08 RL),and even my own father. A sip to your discretion from the seemingly endless well of magic and or rune knowledge to better my odds against such foes would be my humble and devoted wish.
7.) I pray that you bless the items with which I travel and battle [motions to the items carefully placed at his side] with your divine influence to bestow upon me holy equipment to champion the interests of Dragonwright in your name.
Items of note include rare or p.p.e storing gems, the Black Pearl of Power (can be infused w 5th level spell), Drago’s battle belt and pack, Drago’s four magic weapons (evil rune spear, wooden spear, greatest crystal firerod, and an unidentified magic leather whip named Sjambok), two magic robes, and a magic carpet.
If it please-th your divine eminence. I propose that a spear to dispel magic barrier and possibly convert an ardent or hostile non-believer would serve Dragonwright well. Perhaps the black pearl of power could be infused with the magic ability to instill knowledge with a few moments of sustained mediation. This could also help convert the wayward or naive to be pious followers of the Church of Dragonwright. Just the same, I believe the elemental essence within the firerod has allowed a cordial but less than full blown bond. Any aid or guidance to better connect with this soul would also better prepare me as your warrior priest.
8.) Finally and perhaps most ambitiously, if you accept my unwavering devotion to revive the hallowed faith of Dragonwright as your Warrior Priest, then I pray for a glorious and divine sign to celebrate this joyous anointment by raising some of the more honorable men or women who had just fallen in defense of Merctown, my name, my livelihood, and that of my trusted companions.
In return of such a gracious display of compassion and deific power, I solemnly promise that within one solar cycle of this day I will convert magnitudes of followers to the Church of Dragonwright for each and every defender of Merctown raised.

May these words and wishes find you in favor of my most cathartic of thoughts, aspirations, and actions.

All PRAISE BE AND HAIL UNTO KYM-NARK-MAR!
All PRAISE BE AND HAIL UNTO KYM-NARK-MAR!
All PRAISE BE AND HAIL UNTO KYM-NARK-MAR!"

[Drago concludes his prayer with an impressively deep breath before unleashing a concentrated fire-beam into the night sky (triple range) like a magic fire-spotlight to be seen from miles away.]

POST PRAYER – to be determined
 [prob still interested in most of the TW requests submitted earlier]  


No comments:

Post a Comment